Friday, May 8, 2009

Spaghetti Blog


I'M NOT completely sure why I started this blog. For most of my life I’ve regarded with disdain the millions of nobodies who share their banal observations about their meaningless lives on the interweb. Every fucker out there has an opinion and through the joys of blogs, Facebook and Twitter they can put it out there for everyone to see. Approximately 99.87 per cent of these opinions – no one cares about. But with a newfound urge to pen my thoughts and an extended overseas jaunt waiting in the wings, I decided a blog could be a good way to let my friends, acquaintances and enemies know how I am going while I'm on the other side of the globe.

I suppose the blog will focus on life, love, music, travel, and surfing/bodyboarding, which should be fascinating in theory. But most likely it will feature poor attempts at humour, pointless observations no one cares about, and too many swear words.

I tried to come up with a snappy title for the blog, but alas it escaped me. I settled on “Fear In English” because as a 22-year-old nobody with no direction in life, angst is a feeling constantly saturating my brain. A website I can’t remember defined angst as a German word, which means fear in English. I thought the title was also fitting because I’m about to become a university graduate and walk away from four years of study with a brand spanking new Journalism degree. Therefore my future livelihood is to come from my supposed mastery of the English language. A scary thought.

I don’t expect anyone to read this drivel - I’m writing it mostly to work out things in my own muddled head – but if anyone out there gets some sort of enjoyment from my ramblings and attempts to be insightful then good on you. And may God have mercy on your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment